Episode 4: DJ Nu-Mark on Creativity, Entering the Music Industry and Using Toys to Make Music
On this weeks episode I talk with DJ Nu-Mark. Nu began DJing at the age of 13 and has brought innovation and showmanship to the industry. He is an original member of Jurassic 5 the critically acclaimed, gold-selling Hip-Hop outfit.
Recently Nu-Mark has been widely recognized for filling his entire stage with children’s music toys and playing them as instruments. This Kids Toy Set went viral when Nu-Mark compiled his performances from around the world in his DVD Nu-Conduit.
To date, Nu-Mark has been featured in the critically acclaimed documentaries Scratch, KeepinTime, Coachella: The Movie, Rock the Bells – The Documentary and MacGrubber. In 2013 Nu-Mark created original beats and co-scored both Battle Of The Year starring Chris Brown and Ride Along staring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart. Nu-Mark is currently working on a new album with Slimkid3 of Pharcyde. Check him out on social media and make sure to follow him for release dates and upcoming shows:
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- 2:30 How Does Past Music Shape Your New Work?
- 4:00 Breaking the Rules and Tearing Your Pants
- 5:36 Rhythm Roulette and Being Scared
- 9:00 Breaking Into the Industry in 2016: Where would you start if you had to start over?
- 16:00 Toy Set Routine and making music from unusually sources